Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pillows!!!!

It is no secret around here that I Love pillows! I sleep with no less than 3 and I love snuggling up with them on the couch.
I have been looking around for some throw pillows for the bedroom makeover ( which is coming along great! I can not wait to show the whole room)
I wanted beachy starfish pillows but when I found out they are around 40-150 dollars EACH! I thought BUMP THAT! So, I got some 100% cotton linen and sewed up some myself. (after a 6 hour search for my sewing machine presser foot!)
Here is My take on some shabbyish hand painted beach pillows.I used leftover wall paint and painted right on the fabric. I adore how they turned out! So much so that I am going to go get some more fabric and make some for my daughter with her colors.

The starfish needed a companion so today I dug through my linen cupboard and found an old crib sheet in aqua (which we no longer need now that My baby is nearly 3)
Here is what I made using the crib sheet and the leftover strips from the starfish pillows.

I totally dig this one and it adds wonderful texture to the bed.Here they are in a group on the bedThey also fit nicely on the bench at the foot of the bedTotal Cost of all 3 pillows was about 6.00. The ruffle pillow is actually a removable cover. And I had a huge bag of pillow stuffing that someone gave be years ago in my crafty supplies.
Wahoo for cute cheap pillows!
Trystan likes the bed too now!

1 comment:

Heather Leavers said...

Oh well done - they're beautiful and suit your lovely room. Of course if you were in the UK they'd be cushions, not pillows :-)