Monday, July 11, 2011

Nightstand revival

I have been desperately searching for some little side tables for me and my husband.
So,While driving to the farmers produce stand there was a man with some furniture out for Sale so I had the hubbs pull in and let me take a look(while my 2 yr old screamed brutally beacuse mom stepped out of the car) . In the way back was this little fellow.
Here is a close up. As you can see it needed some TLC. But all in all it was a sturdy piece with some wonderful old detail. I knew I could make this shabby for our room right away. And at $10.00 it was a STEAL!
So after taking the power sander to it, Coating it with 2 coats of Krylon fusion in white.
After it dried I sanded a few spots for that shabby look.
I kept the old brass drawer pull since it had aged to a wonderful brown that I just LOVED.
Here it is now.I am so Smitten. And for about $14.00 total how can I beat it!
What have you made new recently? I would love to see.

1 comment:

mirrored nightstand said...

very nice work. It is beautiful