Thursday, May 27, 2010

Working on Pictures A Before and After


Old Glory bell earrings

Having an etsy shop for me has been a consistent process of trying to improve my item photos while continuing to do what I love. My pictures were pretty bad i must say and It has taken a lot of research, tips from others and hard work to transform my shop. It is always a work in progress for me. As you can see from my pictures, they have come a long way. And yours can too.

Fresh Flowers Necklace

I have learned that natural light is my friend. (I take my pictures on my front porch). I have learned the macro setting on my camera is also my friend. I have learned not to use such busy backgrounds and that some neutral well set props can actually help.
Fresh cherries earrings

I hope these images can inspire you to not be fearful of diving in and working on making your shop the best it can be.
Pink Glow Earrings

6 comments:

PussDaddy said...

Those are all so pretty.

PussDaddy

niftyknits said...

well done!

Jaci said...

I love the lighter, brighter look :)

Tiffany said...

I love the new photos. Much more eye catching.

Licia said...

fabulous! I find that a reshoot and relist works wonders too! Cheers peep :)

TheEye said...

great job with the photography.. makes a huge difference..