Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Birthdays and Beach treasures


We took my son to Ft. Fisher Aquarium and beach for his birthday in August. Me and him both found a little piece of drift wood (or as he says "A Piece with wood") His is much a more impressive 5 inch lond one that after a month is still holding strong. He likes to tote ti around.
I loved the shape of my little piece and made it a necklace to remember his special day! I added a white keishi pearl to slightly dress it up and hand twist a bail for it out of sterling silver wire.

Another treasure I found on a North Carolina beach a few years ago was this beautiful ocean stone. Something about the shape of it made me want to keep it. It has an almost womanly bust like shape. I love to photograph my jewelry on this piece.
I think next time we go I will be on the lookout for more of these perfect treasures washed and worn from countless years of ocean tides.

2 comments:

Licia said...

it's sooo pretty that bead! The rock is cool too :)

AshwaRetail said...

http://ashwaretail.blogspot.com :: AshwaRetail sells beautiful jewelry on ebay and amazon.